Friday, October 14, 2011

What does the world think of me?


What does the world think of me? 

By  Sullee J


-
Ima do what I do without the care of your view
Cuz I'm me
I'm me without he or she, cuz only I create me
I blame me, only I can hate me, I love me, n only I can call myself ugly
I don't need the people to tell me how to feel or when to feel it
I’ll cry, and I’ll laugh, whenever those emotions are needed
I wear what I want; I make friends when I choose to
I'm there when I need to be, I don't care what you tell me to choose dude
We’re on two different levels, I'm high you’re low
I'm high because I chose to succeed, and you still too real to grow
What does the world think of me?
I don't know, leave my mind alone
I wanna spend time at home, far away, so every rhyme
N next line I combine, comes out without a crying tone
What the world thinks of me?
I don't care, I swear
I use to, then I learned to dare
Learned to risk, I learned to be aware
I learned to put my index down
Cuz peace was never there
(Hah) yea, you know I don't care
What the world thinks of me?
It hates me; it can't wait to take me
I rebel on purpose, so I can piss it off, guess I'm crazy
Or just an outcast, they say if you don't conform
To societies norms,
You’ll be out, fast!
But I chose to be me, I don't wanna be you
Or look like them, I just wanna be true
At least to myself, I don't care what they think
I shouldn't, when I did, every week I was in hell
Blank stares at the shrink
Never cared about status, or too much paper
But I guess I'm above average, got too much haters
So what the world thinks of me?
I could care less
I DO WHAT I DO FOR MYSELF, NO NEED
TO REPEAT THEIR STEPS
I follow my heart so I can lead the rest
Pump that beat up, til its beat, beats me to death
No I don't preach or speak just to be the ref
I teach, first to understand, second so we can each make peace
And cease the mess
I stare at your hearts; I don't care for your dark
We each got mistakes, and it shouldn't be fair if we sit here
N compare how sharp
But, as long as we learn though, we should learn to move on
The past becomes our surface, and the future lets us know who's gone
So keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
Cuz they tell u what’s up, when your friends act like they don't know ya
See what I mean, when I say I don't care when the world stares
Everybody out here tryina cop a piece or share, until they can get over there
But the green grass was never greener; the other side was really impaired
Blindness deep in your mind tryina find repair
Never did u want it, u were just caught in the air
So, don't let the world choose your destiny,
Cuz they'll hold you back, all alone, as long as
They can't find their own remedy
So, in order to snatch the throne, you must
Craft your own energy
With that being said,
What the world thinks of you?
Tell that thought to go rest in peace!
Peace!
 -



S.U.L.L.E.E. J. (Society's Undisputed Liberated Lyricist Expressing & Exemplifying Justice)


No comments:

Post a Comment